Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

NEW MORTAL KOMBAT MOVIE 8-MINUTE PITCH

BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited June 2010 in Off Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArcyuRDTs8Q

I think this actually looks pretty awesome. I like how they took a Twisted Metal Black approach.
nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
Post edited by Brian on

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    edited June 2010

DON'T FUCK WITH ME BRIAN >:O

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This isn't fake dude...that black actor was in Dark Knight and a few other big movies (I just can't think of em now)
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited June 2010
    it's legit, It's only a pitch film though. It was sent to WB, but there hasn't been any confirmation that they decided to buy it or not that I heard of.
    Either way, it looks neato.
  • MysteriousMysterious Posts: 941 salt miner
    Oh man, I hope this is for real. They can only improve after that god-awful shitty Mortal Kombat Annihilation. (aka mortal kombat 2)
    TOO BAD YOU.....WILL DIE.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    "Unless you were under a rock yesterday, chances are someone messaged you gushing about “an awesome new Mortal Kombat movie trailer, dude!” and demanded you watch it 10 times like they did. The video – displaying a gritty, realistic take on the franchise – was the talk of the internet all day, even if 100% of that talk was pure speculation. But no longer. Kotaku uncovered a Tweet from one of the stars of the 8-minute video, Jeri Ryan. You may remember her from her stint as the hot Borg chick from Star Trek: Voyager, and now as Sonya Blade. She explained the motivation behind the video in typical Twitter fashion: brief.

Says Ryan about the video: “It’s not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film.” Mystery solved!

After seeing the video I started thinking that it might just be a way to clue in people about a new video game that took the franchise away from its fighter roots – maybe a first-person action game in the vein of Condemned: Criminal Origins. The timing was certainly right for that type of announcement: we’re just a week away from E3, which is known for big surprise announcements. Regardless, I’m behind this new take on the aging franchise. The casting in the video is inspired, as is the manner in which previously inhuman enemies are being humanized. Well, sort of; Reptile is a flesh-eater and Baraka a failed doctor who implanted swords in his arms and digs piercings a little too much. The more things change…"
    image Photobucket
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up. Sorry...
    I never do this but.......*JIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

I like the whole concept of making MK more realistic. Baraka and Reptiles origin was fucking sweet and I knew it would be Scorpion after Sub-Zero :P It's always been MK fans favorite thing. WB BETTER FUCKING BUY THIS AND MAKE IT A HARD R >:O
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Dammit Brian, ya beat me before I could post that line

TOO BAD YOU..........WILL DIE
  • sarspidsarspid Posts: 1,643 just the tip
    HELLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    I knew it was Scorpion as soon as it showed the claw thing lol
    TOO BAD YOU.....WILL DIE.

that made me lol
    I knew it just when he said his name. Scorpion use to be a human ninja before he turned all hell fire and killer. I want this movie made so bad now >_<
    I think its hilarious there was like a couple seconds pause between "too bad you" and "will die"
    sindel was always my fave though.. :/
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Failed attempts at dramatics
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Sub-Zero has always been the best. But I agree with Steven, Mortal Kombat Annihilation was BAD.

Especially since subzero was only in there maybe 3 minutes.
    Sub-Zero was barely in any scenes on both movies.