Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*********SPOILER ALERT********* IRON MAIDEN SPOILERS THREAD *************SPOILER ALERT**********

Comments

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

Iron Maiden - Detroit, Mi - July 18th, 2012

Arrived at Dte around 6:00 and went to check out the merch. I really liked how Maiden had a merch tent outside of the gates. Picked up a Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour shirt and headed back to my car. Met up with some family friends and chilled for a while before we went in. Ended up heading in around 7:00 with no problem using the paperless ticketing system. We had pretty good seats but the people in front of us holy shit they all had to be at least 6'4 if not taller some of my friends that came aren't remotely close to that height so they had a hard time seeing the stage. As we got to our seats I glance down and see some guy wearing a Judas Priest Epitaph shirt and he glanced a way where I noticed it was Jay. Tried yelling but the music was too loud. The security guy seemed pretty cool so I asked him if I could just say hi real quick and come back he just about let me when his manager came and asked for my ticket and he wouldn't let me oh well.

Alice Cooper- It was finally time for Alice Cooper to start and I was pumped to say the least. Because of the tallest people in the whole fucking venue standing directly in front of us. The security guys allowed them to step a little ways into the aisle way which was cool. On to the show. Alice Cooper is fucking heavy live lol. I have never been a die hard Cooper fan but I have listened to them enough but he sounds 10x heavier live then on album. The songs that really stood out to me were Black Widow, I'm Eighteen, Billion Dollar Babies. Also a side note I have never seen Dte so packed for an opening act even though Alice Cooper plays there by himself it was nice to see. Overall a kickass way to start a great fucking show. 8/10

The Black Widow
    Brutal Planet
    I'm Eighteen
    No More Mr. Nice Guy
    Hey Stoopid
    Billion Dollar Babies
    Feed My Frankenstein
    Poison
    Wicked Young Man
    I Love The Dead
    School's Out

Iron Maiden- The time had come for one of my favorite bands to come on stage. Judging by how the crowd had reacted to Alice Cooper they were gonna give Maiden everything they had. When Doctor Doctor played over the PA everyone knew what was coming. Iron Maiden opened with Moonchild which sounded amazing. Now Can I Play With Madness isn't my favorite Maiden song but it sounds pretty fucking astounding live. Then when the intro for The Prisoner came on me and all the people around me were going word for word with it. The Prisoner being my favorite song off of Number Of The Beast was great to hear live. They fired right back into it with 2 Minutes To Midnight which is amazing live as well. At about this time these smaller people exchanged rows with some guys who wearing vests with all Maiden patches and I rocked out with them for the rest of the night. I had read that at some shows people use ATSS as a bathroom break not here sure some people left but not a mad rush but anyways ATSS sounded phenomenal it was great for them to bring it out. Then from here on out I screamed my heart out on every song after this and can barely talk tonight. Bruce informed us that they couldn't use all of the props I think it was the second Eddie on SSOASS not positive. They kept on going ripping through The Trooper, Number Of The Beast, Phantom Of The Opera, Wasted Years. Kept on rolling with SSOASS, The Clarivoyant, Fear Of The Dark, and closed off the set with Iron Maiden. As the amphitheater went dark I saw the banner they used went to Aces High Eddie and I went total fan boy lol. When Churchill's speech came over the PA me and the guys next to me were going berserk. Aces High being my favorite song was fantastic to hear. After that they came back with The Evil That Men Do with sounded amazing as well. Iron Maiden closed the show with Running Free. All of the band sounded amazing. It is like people say seeing Iron Maiden is like an religious experience. Iron Maiden is the best live band out there. 10/10

Moonchild
    Can I Play With Madness
    The Prisoner
    2 Minutes To Midnight
    Afraid To Shoot Strangers
    The Trooper
    The Number Of The Beast
    Phantom Of The Opera
    Run To The Hills
    Wasted Years
    Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
    The Clairvoyant
    Fear Of The Dark
    Iron Maiden

Aces High
    The Evil That Men Do
    Running Free

After the show chatted with some guys that were from Poland that Bruce pointed out during Running Free. Then mad our way to the Parking lot where the wait was not as bad as anticipated. Great show! Iron Maiden is a can't miss band!

Bump for Kyle

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

Better picture of the shirt

Bump as well
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

Page 58 brah

dammit
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Lol. My review was better [-(
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

Lol. My review was better [-(

Mine too [-(

Glad you had fun though! I bought the SSOASS shirt as well. You must have posted this while I was at work and then at the theaters for TDKR premiere
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    That Seventh Son shirt was popular among the forum. Lea got it too.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I know I posted while you were seeing dark knight because the movie started right when we left the venue.

I bought whatever shirt has him riding a horse carrying the American flag
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I got that shirt as well [-(
    You got event shirt, shut your mouth fool
    jag said:

Well I didn't know that [-(

Got that one too....wore it to Mayhem yesterday.
    I noticed in the picture.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

You got event shirt, shut your mouth fool

I bought the 7th son shirt in milwaukee and the chicago event shirt at the chicago show. The 7th son shirt I got in Indy was for my friend who didn't get a shirt when he went to Milwaukee with me.

[-(
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    It was popular among others too, one dude at Skeletonwitch was like "good choice, best shirt they had out of all of them."
    image Photobucket
    Which shirt? Seventh son?

jag said:

Well I didn't know that [-(

Got that one too....wore it to Mayhem yesterday.
    Dammit, Jay. We have the same shirts
    So does Lea. :))
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Yeah Seventh Son. Also got the Stranger in a Strange Land/Somewhere in Time shirt that only had "Maiden England 2012" on the back with no dates.
    image Photobucket
    I would have bought the Can I Play With Madness one with The Evil That Men Do on the back if it had dates.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer

That Seventh Son shirt was popular among the forum. Lea got it too.

and I did as well. :))

imageimage