Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Is FFDP and Hatebreeds sets gonna overlap?

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    There are many many better non heavy bands to listen to.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    lol
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    SELL OUTS
    SELL OUTS
    SELL OUTS
    SELL OUTS

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    They sold out my venue on sunday...
    I love winning with women
    Cool story bro

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    gee thanks :D
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I would choose hatebreed over 5fdp but I want to see them both
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    if that happends hatebreed all the way been dying to see hatebreed
    again since ozzfest 07
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    I googled 5FDP and sellout. I came up with an article on live-metal.net featuring an interview with Zoltan Bathory on the issue of selling out. 12th question of the interview for those who want to read it.

http://www.live-metal.net/interviews_five-finger-death-punch_zoltan_2009.html
    I'm not reading that

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Any time a metal band has some success on the radio or anywhere that might be considered mainstream, some fans start to cry “sell-out.” What can you say to assure the fans that Five Finger Death Punch isn't doing that on the new album and won't do so in the future?

You know, when we made that first record, without a label to support us, without a management, we recorded it because we loved and believed in what we were doing. Just the five of us financing it from our own pockets doing everything ourselves—we had no idea that it’s going to sell 400,000 copies. It sounded the way WE wanted it, and generally you’re not thinking about what would sell when you don’t even have a deal.

The way it all happened is as far from selling out as it gets, especially if you consider that we got picked up by a small indie label! There’s no multimillion dollar corporation behind us. You don’t see advertising in all the magazines—not that money can buy you fans anyway, because people like you or they just don’t. This all happened because our music connected to lot of people, we were doing something they wanted to hear and they stepped behind it. We stayed on the road for more than two years, worked our asses off for everything we got. Our fans are hardcore, and it’s an insult to them just as it is an insult to us. You would think 400,000 people know what they like to hear. I don’t think any of the subgenre-whore elitist bloggers could possibly control their opinions. [laughs] Step into the moshpit with our fans, they WILL give you their opinions all right.

But what is the definition of selling out anyway? Success? That’s ridiculous. Imagine if successful bands would take a left turn and write some abstract shit just to make sure less people like them, so some troll wouldn’t call them a sellout. What a fucking retarded idea. We do what we do, we play the music WE LOVE, and as long as we have the fans, as long as they come and see us, we will be around. That is the rule. The power is in the fans’ hands.

So fuck all the ignorant trolls talking shit on the ’net. Tell them to get the fuck up from their couches and do something with their fucking lives. Talk is cheap. Go and do something noteworthy, motherfucker. WAR IS THE ANSWER.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I really hate 5FDP so if there is an overlap, you'll find me watching Hatebreed instead. And if 5FDP is still playing after that, you'll find me walking around =]
    imageimage
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    edited January 2010
    They won't overlap, but if you're watching Hatebreed, you won't see the start of FFDP's set. They start RIGHT after Hatebreed is done. Last year me and my friend missed a lot of Mushroomhead because we watched Cannibal Corpse.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    i missed a lot of BFMV because i didnt notice they were overlapping with cannibal corpse =(
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Well in Michigan they didn't overlap, they just started directly after.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hatebreed can put on a good fucking show, I've seen 5FDP also and they didn't put on a great show.

We didn't even get Bullet in Michigan, so pissed. >_>

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Yes sell outs 5fdp went back and re recorded their shit to make it more radio friendly after it failed to be a success
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    failed to be a success? wtf do you call 350,000 albums sold in the age of downloads?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Are you unable to read or just legit retarded. I said they went back and recorded their shit to make it more radio friendly after it failed to reach success. That version you hear of the bleeding on the radio isn't the original
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!