Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*tweet* Doc claims I'll be walking soon.

Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
edited June 2010 in Off Topic
So, last trip to doc turned out for the better. She was young, spoke english, and actually heard of what I was diagnosed with. She told me that my meds should of helped me better than they were and said she was going to do xrays of my back and foot. Shane was finally relieved for a doc to think that it just might be my back causing all this.

Well, what she found in xrays was that my back is messed up (a lot of things swollen, kinda out of line, that kinda shit) but on my foot xray it shows that a couple of my bones joined together. She thinks that is the majority of my problem so she's sending me to an orthopedic that her dad went to recently. She said if this is it, then a simple surgery can fix it all where they will crack the bones and set them right. I'll HAVE to be out of work for a bit (I could imagine this being extremely painful to have part of my foot reconstructed).

Now, hopefully she is right. She wanted to put me in a cast (said the walking cast is just messing me up) but agreed that since I've been in it this long, I can be in it a couple more weeks until ortho decides to cast me up until the supposed surgery. She gave me some weird topical gel and vicodin. Agreed that all the nerve meds are just kinda helping any aggravated nerves by it all, but not helping the actual problem. She also said being on crutches this long is what messed my back up and that I should use a wheelchair when at all possible, try to lean on stuff at home to walk, and only use crutches very rarely (like to get into work and that stuff). So, hoping all this is said and done. Maybe I'll be fully casted for Mayhem or maybe they can just hold out till after Mayhem (even the day after) because I really, really, don't wanna deal w/ a cast this year again.

Comments