Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    But did you get laid At said fest? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited January 2017
    @MetalCrusades I've only been to the smallest room at rockettown for that Polyphia show, but I'm going to the large room to shoot that ABR/Protest tour.

I also just realized something about Rocketown. Do you remember a big uproar about an employee getting fired from that venue over wearing a shirt by an indie/alt rock band called Hostage Calm? 

https://www.punknews.org/article/50379/rocketown-employee-fired-for-wearing-hostage-calm-i-support-same-sex-marriage-shirt

inb4lists
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    I dont, but they always do shit like that so it wouldn't surprise me. 

Im surprised they're letting Protest in, honestly. They will most likely be banned after this tour. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    What exactly did BTBAM do to get banned, besides just not being a christian band? 

The openers on the ABR tour, In Hearts Wake are not christian. 68' technically isn't either, but Josh (ex-Norma jean/the chariot) is so idk if they'll say anything. 
    inb4lists
    edited January 2017
    ... said:
    What exactly did BTBAM do to get banned, besides just not being a christian band? 

The openers on the ABR tour, In Hearts Wake are not christian. 68' technically isn't either, but Josh (ex-Norma jean/the chariot) is so idk if they'll say anything. 
    basically, they arent Christian. I think thats all they did lol
    edited January 2017
    Fucking lame lol
    inb4lists
    I've been to a handful of shows, most of which being at The End and Marathon, both are cool venues for different styles. The Meshuggah and Steve Vai shows were at Marathon, and Artificial Brain and Jesus Piece shows were a lot of fun at The End. 

I still haven't been to Exirt/In, but I've seen the building. They don't really have anything coming up I'm stoked on, tbh. I did go to Cannery Ballroom and Mercury Lounge once, both were pretty nice. 

Did you ever go to shows at the Preditors arena?
    inb4lists
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    finna start a black metal band just to go to Nash and burn this place down
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    change of plans, Im walking in with a turban.
    I love winning with women
    ... said:
    I've been to a handful of shows, most of which being at The End and Marathon, both are cool venues for different styles. The Meshuggah and Steve Vai shows were at Marathon, and Artificial Brain and Jesus Piece shows were a lot of fun at The End. 

I still haven't been to Exirt/In, but I've seen the building. They don't really have anything coming up I'm stoked on, tbh. I did go to Cannery Ballroom and Mercury Lounge once, both were pretty nice. 

Did you ever go to shows at the Preditors arena?
    yea I saw Megadeth and Iron Maiden at the Bridgestone Arena. I've seen Megadeth 3 times,  and the best they sounded was at the Bridgestone. 
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lol I wouldn't know what the fuck I would do if I had to go to venues like those to see a show. Good thing Detroit is a shithole that doesn't have shit like that. 
    edited January 2017
    slap said:
    finna start a black metal band just to go to Nash and burn this place down
    There are a lot of black metal and doom metal bands here. Like I said Exit/In and The End book at lot of it, but there is a huge DIY scene here too. Most venues are cool. Just a couple are like that, and only the one MAJOR one like that - Rocketown. 

Across Tundras, Battle Path, Brother Ares, Laser Flames of the Great Big News, Act of Impalement, Chasm of Teeth, Alraune, Vile Desecration, Loss, Yautja, Alpha, and Enfold Darkness are all from Nashville. 

Good punk scene too, like Bleed The Pigs, Pissbath, and Primitive Prison. 
    You need to go to Grimey's too FF. Its a record store, but its the best record store I've ever been to. 
    I can't believe Im asking this but, @MetalCrusades, do you know any local ticket scalpers/sellers here? I dun goofed and forget Sleep was playing next week and it sold out. 
    inb4lists