Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    And their viking ship????
    ... said:
    Gnomez said:
    ... said:
    Shooting Tool/Primus on 1/28, a local showcase on 1/29, and on 1/30 I'm shooting Atheist and Trouble early on, then heading over to shoot Def Leppard and Styx. 
    Hey face fuck when you shoot a show, are the photographers only allowed a specific period of time to take pictures before they have to leave the area?
    And where do you go after that?
    Do you get to sit off to the side of stage to watch out the rest of the concert?
    Seems to me that you'd have a prime spot to see bands without the hassle of getting early to the venue to get to the front 
    Photograph the first three songs of each set, unless requested otherwise by the artist. ie I got two songs for Joel, but six for Van Halen. After the last bands few songs are up, it depends on the venue. Big arenas and amphitheaters have you check your bag in the main office, get it when you leave. House of blues and Hard rock type clubs let you hold onto your stuff, and allow shooting from the crowd unless requested otherwise by the artist. 

The venue or artist are given X amount of seats for media purposes, that will not be sold off at any point. My seat for Joel would've sold for nearly $200. Floor seating, row Q in an arena. Granted, i don't always get those kinda seats, sometimes in GA or whatever else. But yeah. 

My media passes allows me access to photo pit and side stage up until last band's fww songs are up, after that i head to my seat and just watch the show. 
    P.S Do you ever take crowd photos or just focus on the performers?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Gnomez said:
    And their viking ship????
    Hopefully
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Vikings....raaaaaaaaa! !!

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Gnomez said:
    ... said:
    Gnomez said:
    ... said:
    Shooting Tool/Primus on 1/28, a local showcase on 1/29, and on 1/30 I'm shooting Atheist and Trouble early on, then heading over to shoot Def Leppard and Styx. 
    Hey face fuck when you shoot a show, are the photographers only allowed a specific period of time to take pictures before they have to leave the area?
    And where do you go after that?
    Do you get to sit off to the side of stage to watch out the rest of the concert?
    Seems to me that you'd have a prime spot to see bands without the hassle of getting early to the venue to get to the front 
    Photograph the first three songs of each set, unless requested otherwise by the artist. ie I got two songs for Joel, but six for Van Halen. After the last bands few songs are up, it depends on the venue. Big arenas and amphitheaters have you check your bag in the main office, get it when you leave. House of blues and Hard rock type clubs let you hold onto your stuff, and allow shooting from the crowd unless requested otherwise by the artist. 

The venue or artist are given X amount of seats for media purposes, that will not be sold off at any point. My seat for Joel would've sold for nearly $200. Floor seating, row Q in an arena. Granted, i don't always get those kinda seats, sometimes in GA or whatever else. But yeah. 

My media passes allows me access to photo pit and side stage up until last band's fww songs are up, after that i head to my seat and just watch the show. 
    P.S Do you ever take crowd photos or just focus on the performers?
    It depends. If i get approved through the venue, loys of crowd shots. Through the band, a handful. I love getting shots of the singer going to the barrier. 
    inb4lists
    Anyone here a fan of Dismemberment? 
    inb4lists
    The band lol.
    inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Chuck out of nowhere with the killshot.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    You see an easy lay up, you take it lol I'm not really one of the people jumping on him all the time but it was way too easy 
    image Photobucket
    Just like your........nvm. 
    inb4lists
    Booked Dismemberment a show in tampa for 3/6 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIU-dUhH5jM
    inb4lists
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited January 2016
    1/30 - Blue Oyster Cult/Foghat
    1/31 - Eight Bells
    2/6 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    2/17 - At The Gates/Decapitated/The Haunted/Harms Way
    2/26 - Dead Meadow/Yawning Man
    2/27 - Elder
    3/11 - Beck/Animal Collective
    3/11 - Animal Collective (dj set)
    3/12 - Crystal Castles/Neon Indian/Xylo/This Will Destroy You
    3/17 - Intronaut/Scale The Summit/North
    3/22 - Weedeater/Author & Punisher/Today Is The Day/Lord Dying
    3/27 - Napalm Death/Melt-Banana
    4/14 - Beach House
    5/2 - Explosions In The Sky
    7/9 - Brian Wilson
    7/17 - Dragged Into Sunlight/Primitive Man/Cult Leader
    9/21 - Black Sabbath
    10/21- Pig Destroyer/Nails
    10/22 - Agoraphobic Nosebleed/The Drip
    Post edited by OPP on
    I love winning with women
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    UMO is playing woolys :-?
    I'm going to Chicago the day after
    image Photobucket
    It's like 10 minutes away. 
    Then I would say you should go. The band jams live and Ruben is one hell of an amazing guitarist. It'd be worth it but you probably won't go 
    image Photobucket
    It's a ways away. I'm not taking the day off, if I don't work, maybe.