Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

he has been to more shows than me this year though :-<

It's better to go to 3 good shows than 20 shitty ones.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

All those bands suck. STP was good before chester

also

1) Abiotic w/ Wirethrone, Falls Upon Us and Creatures Of Habit
    6) Every Time I Die w/ The Acacia Strain ,Vanna, Hundredth, No Bragging Rights and Reveal Renew
    10) Senses Fail w/ Such Gold, Real Friends and Major League
    12) Coheed & Cambria w/ Twenty One Pilots, New Politics, The Features and The Virginmarys
    13) Sevendust w/ Pop Evil and Monster Truck'
    15) Tigers Jaw w/ Pianos Become The Teeth and Dad Punchers
    18) Impending Doom w/ Gideon, Wolves At The Gate, Fit For A King and The Great Commission
    19)Dark Sermon w/ Reveal Renew, The Stoic, Creatures Of Habit, Every Hand Revealed and As Crusaders Depart
    22)Warped Tour
    23)Warped Tour
    24)Chimaira w/ Threat Signal, The Browning and Dark Sermon
    34)Man Overboard w/ Henrietta, Why Try? and Behind These Dreams
    35)Stray From The Path w/ No Bragging Rights and Rescuer
    36)Finch w/ Dance Gavin Dance and Reason To Rebel
    38)Upon A Burning Body w/ Iwrestledabearonce, The Plot In You, Fit For A King and As Crusaders Depart
    39)Bleeding Through w/ Winds Of Plague, Oceano, Gideon and Optimus
    41)Trivium w/ DevilDriver, After The Burial and Thy Will Be Done

Those are shit. Thats being nice

Wirethrone are friends of mine, Abiotic are the only shitty band on that lineup and we left 2 songs in.

Aside from TAS that was a fucking awesome show, ETID and Vanna bring it hard, and NBR are both insanely cool dudes and one of the best modern hardcore bands out there.

Fuck you Senses Fail were one of the very first bands i listened too period, their first 4 releases were some of the best in post-hardcore hsistory. Such Gold are cool as shit too.

I like Coheed, plus it was a free concert. Every band except New Politics were enjoyable.

Pop Evil were gay as shit, Sevendust brings it live every time. Also you'd probably like Monster Truck, they're awesome bluesy/jam rock n' roll.

Tigers Jaw and PBTT are awesome. L-)

I like *some* of all of those bands, not enough to buy CDs though. Had interview WATG and Gideon regardless.

How the fuck can you say the dark sermon show was shitty when it was them and a bunch of locals? Reveal Renew > probably 75% of modern hardcore bands you listen too. And Every Hand Revealed are friends of mine.

Didn't you go to warped tour ....? I don't see how an afternoon watching TBDM, Reel Big Fish, Letlive, Stick To Your Guns, Upon A Burning Body and The Wonder Years is shit.

Chimaira and TS were halfway decent, the browning sucked ass though. I'll give you this one.

I enjoy some pop punk [-(

This is probably the best concert of the ones you listed, SFTP are flat out one of the best live bands out there right now, and the fact that they take huge influence from Rage Against The Machine is awesome. Plus NBR are fucking cool.

Finch fall under the same line as Senses Fail for me, early post hardcore was good.

Already explained this one.

Bleeding Through were one of the best sets I've seen all year, WoP and Gideon were solid. Fuck Oceano though.

I know you don't like DD, i don't even care for their music but they are definitely a good live band. ATB and Trivium are whatever, Thy Will Be Done were great live and really cool dudes.
    ----

Oh and the fact that i only paid for ONE of those concerts made it all the better.

inb4lists
    TheCLIT said:

I am not lying when I say I wouldn't take a free ticket to that show. I could understand people going for a couple of the bands, but saying only three are shitty is just no.

Jimmy Eat World are somewhat nostalgic to me, and I love ska, and I'd love to see Pepper and The Dirty Heads. 30STM and ADTR are just whatever. Even though idc for Chester, I've never seen STP and it'd be cool. Frank Turner and Manchester Orchestra are cool i think. The rest are whatever.
    inb4lists
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    you really just do that? =))

kill yourself.
    Yes i did just do that, 0 fucks.

inb4lists

Band sucks.

Amazing rebuttal.

Facefuck, I didn't go to warped. Vanna is bullshit. Sevendust is it 2007? Pop Punk is for girls and gays. Shitty groove metal/metalcore (Bleeding Through, Devildriver) is shitty. I'd rather pay for a good show then ride to a mediocre free one. Only show I didn't mean to include was PBTT.
    I would re attend every one of those concerts except the Attila/UABB and Chimaira tours.
    inb4lists
    So your answer to my original question is: yes. You do go to shitty shows.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Amazing rebuttal.

About as clever as using the word pleb. What are you, a 15 year old girl?
    Don't give me this bullshit elitist attitude.

I enjoy them, therefore they're not shitty to me, if you think they are oh well. Doesn't fucking matter what you think about them.

L-)
    inb4lists
    edited November 2013

Band sucks.

Amazing rebuttal.

Facefuck, I didn't go to warped. Vanna is bullshit. Sevendust is it 2007? Pop Punk is for girls and gays. Shitty groove metal/metalcore (Bleeding Through, Devildriver) is shitty. I'd rather pay for a good show then ride to a mediocre free one. Only show I didn't mean to include was PBTT.
    Vanna aren't overly special, but ETID alone are reason enough for me to go. Sevendust's new stuff is actually a lot better than what they were releasing/supporting in 2007. You obviously don't know shit about pop punk aside from the bands that warped tour have. Bleeding Through aren't groove metal, and if you had read what i said about DD...i don't care for their music either, BUT that doesn't make them a shitty live band.

inb4lists
    I just find it strange that you listen to plenty of quality shit, but you go to subpar metal gigs. I understand to an extent if it's free, but half these shows are radiocore bands that were big 7 year ago. It could also be that I just hate typical metal gigs and the crowds there. Also, fairly aware of a lot of the melodic hardcore that's out there. Don't dig it.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies

also

6) Every Time I Die w/ The Acacia Strain ,Vanna, Hundredth, No Bragging Rights and Reveal Renew
    12) Coheed & Cambria w/ Twenty One Pilots, New Politics, The Features and The Virginmarys
    18) Impending Doom w/ Gideon, Wolves At The Gate, Fit For A King and The Great Commission
    19)Dark Sermon w/ Reveal Renew, The Stoic, Creatures Of Habit, Every Hand Revealed and As Crusaders Depart
    22)Warped Tour
    23)Warped Tour
    38)Upon A Burning Body w/ Iwrestledabearonce, The Plot In You, Fit For A King and As Crusaders Depart

Had the "Why the fuck am I reading this" revelation right here and stopped.

image Photobucket

I just find it strange that you listen to plenty of quality shit, but you go to subpar metal gigs.

Doom/stoner/sludge and Prog metal bands generally skip FL so....yeah.

I enjoy going to concerts period, even if i only like 1 band that's playing. Half of the concerts you mentioned i wouldn't have gone too had i have to buy my own ticket. There's no way I'd pay $20 to go see Chimaira, or the UABB tour. And i wouldn't have gone to two Warped Tours.

As for example the Scream The Prayer tour, even though i think impending doom, gideon and wolves at the gate have some decent music, i don't like them enough to buy a ticket and spend money on gas to go, BUT i was givien coverage for the show, so even if it was fucking for today and my children my bride or some shit, I'd still have to go to do whatever interviews I was asked to do.

I can't tell them no i won't go to such and shows to get the interviews because i don't like the bands.
    inb4lists

Also, fairly aware of a lot of the melodic hardcore that's out there. Don't dig it.

I just prefer bands like stray from the path and no bragging rights over bands like Terror, H20 and Madball. "tough guy" hardcore is bullshit.

However, Bands like Nails, Code Orange Kids and Integrity are without a doubt my favorites.
    inb4lists
    TheCLIT said:

also

22)Warped Tour
    23)Warped Tour

The Swellers, Handguns, Major League, A Loss For Words, Transit, Hostage Calm, Into It Over It, Citizen, The Wonder Years, Real Friends, Forever Came Calling and Mixtapes are dope.
    inb4lists
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    TheCLIT said:

also

22)Warped Tour
    23)Warped Tour

TheCLIT said:

also

22)Warped Tour
    23)Warped Tour

"Why the fuck am I reading this"
    TheCLIT said:

also

22)Warped Tour
    23)Warped Tour

and stopped.
    TheCLIT said:

also

22)Warped Tour
    23)Warped Tour

stop

image Photobucket
    Sup bby :-*
    inb4lists