Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bump

Updated list!

7/14 - Bury Your Dead
    7/15 - Mayhem Festival
    7/18 - Exhumed
    7/20 - Scale The Summit
    7/24 - Alkaline Trio (possibly not, due to $$$ for tattoo)
    7/25 - Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire (possibly not, due to $$$ for tattoo)
    7/31 - Summer Slaughter
    8/1 - Nails
    8/14 - Summer Slaughter
    8/18 - All Stars Tour
    9/1 - Explosions In The Sky
    9/9 - Powerman 5000
    9/13 - Dirge Within
    9/16 - Kamelot
    9/20 - Cinderella
    9/23 - Within These Walls Festival
    9/29 - Arch Enemy
    9/? - Uproar Festival
    10/6 - Kyuss Lives!
    10/12 - After the Burial
    10/14 - Enslaved
    10/16 - Foo Fighters
    10/17 - Powerglove
    10/22 - Opeth
    10/23 - Judas Priest
    11/10 - Boris
    11/28 - Mayhem
    ?/? - Marilyn Manson
    Holy Fuck.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    It's because I work for a radio station lol.
    I love winning with women
    I know but still.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    9/13 you list dirge within.. is it a one-off show or is it the full tour lineup with kittie and Diamond Plate?
    I know but still.
    Yeah lol. Although I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to make it to at least five of those :(
    9/13 you list dirge within.. is it a one-off show or is it the full tour lineup with kittie and Diamond Plate?
    It's the full tour. I just hate Kittie lol. Plus, I'm interviewing Dirge, so I just put them.
    Do you work for a radio rock station or underground station.
    Oh, and unless I get into Uproar for free, I'm skipping this year. They switched venues from last year's (which was two blocks away from my apartment AND all general admission), and now it's fifteen miles away and different pricing.
    Check out Diamond Plate if you dig thrash. If not, enjoy the show anyways.
    Both. ASU's radio Station. It's pretty underground, but we play a lot of mainstream stuff too. But we get the same benefits as other radio stations. Our "homework" is to go to concerts, 90% of which we get into for free, so that's why I always list so many.
    Both. ASU's radio Station. It's pretty underground, but we play a lot of mainstream stuff too. But we get the same benefits as other radio stations. Our "homework" is to go to concerts, 90% of which we get into for free, so that's why I always list so many.
    That sounds pretty fucking sick.
    I like thrash in certain amounts. An all thrash show... I'm not a fan of really. I almost got killed at Death Angel.

Fortunately, this is a pretty mixed up lineup, so I'll enjoy it for sure \m/
    One of the best decisions I've ever made. If you ever get teh opportunity to get involved in campus radio, DO IT.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I do the same, but for WRSU. I haven't gotten too many free shows as of late due to a multitude of metal DJs.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    DO you major in like broadcasting or something then.
    I like thrash in certain amounts. An all thrash show... I'm not a fan of really. I almost got killed at Death Angel.

Fortunately, this is a pretty mixed up lineup, so I'll enjoy it for sure \m/
    Sweet. I'm really good friends with DP and this is their first major tour, so I'm hoping they get the love shown to them.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    One of the best decisions I've ever made. If you ever get teh opportunity to get involved in campus radio, DO IT.
    I've already signed up for ours. The DC metal scene is a dying whore, and I'm there to save it.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I've already signed up for ours. The DC metal scene is a dying whore, and I'm there to save it.
    Have fun.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    I'm actually a Music Business major haha. The broadcasting school is on the downtown campus and pretty difficult (for me at least) to get into. You need a 3.7 GPA or something like that just to be considered. I currently have a 3.2, but I'm really not even looking to go into the radio business itself. I'm looking into record labels... hopefully something with either Century Media, Metal Blade, Roadrunner, Ferret or Nuclear Blast.
    Best of luck, man. You'll love it \m/
    I'm actually a Music Business major haha. The broadcasting school is on the downtown campus and pretty difficult (for me at least) to get into. You need a 3.7 GPA or something like that just to be considered. I currently have a 3.2, but I'm really not even looking to go into the radio business itself. I'm looking into record labels... hopefully something with either Century Media, Metal Blade, Roadrunner, Ferret or Nuclear Blast.
    Sounds pretty cool. But if you have a 3.2 how did oyu even get in if you need a 3.7