Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Notable EVENTS that happened on your b-day

StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
edited May 2010 in Off Topic
because this one has better things than people (for my b-day)

August 13

3114 BC – According to the Lounsbury correlation, the start of the Maya calendar.

1521 – Tenochtitlán (present day Mexico City) falls to conquistador Hernán Cortés.

1831 – Nat Turner sees a solar eclipse, which he believes is a sign from God. Eight days later he and 70 other slaves kill approximately 55 whites in Southampton County, Virginia.

^ fucking br00tal

1918 – Women enlist in the United States Marine Corps for the first time. Opha Mae Johnson is the first woman to enlist.

1961 – The German Democratic Republic closes the border between the eastern and western sectors of Berlin, to thwart its inhabitants' attempts to escape to the West.

2008 – Michael Phelps sets the Olympic record for most the gold medals won by an individual in Olympic history with his win in the men's 200m butterfly.

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    most notable event for my birthday was the fact i was born
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    August 17th

Interesting Events:

*986 – A Byzantine army is destroyed in the pass of Trajan's Gate by the Bulgarians under the Comitopuli Samuel and Aron.
    *1908 – Fantasmagorie, the first animated cartoon, realized by Émile Cohl, is shown in Paris.
    ***1982 – The first Compact Discs (CDs) are released to the public in Germany.
    *1998 – Monica Lewinsky scandal

Holidays and observances

* Christian Feast Day
    o Clare of the Cross
    o Saint Hyacinth of Poland
    o Mammes of Caesarea (Roman Catholic Church)

* Independence Day, celebrate the independence of Gabon from France in 1960.
    * Independence Day, celebrate the announcement of Indonesia's independence from Japan in 1945.
    * The birth of Marcus Garvey, considered a prophet. (Rastafari movement)
    * Prekmurje Union Day (Slovenia)
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    July 11th:

1244 Chwarizneense Turken defeats Jerusalem
    1302 Guldensporen battle of Belgium
    1302 Battle of Kortrijk Belgium (France vs Flanders)
    1347 Bohemia heir to the throne elected German anti-king Charles IV
    1781 Thomas Hutchins designated Geographer of US
    1789 U.S. Marine Corps created by an act of Congress
    1812 U.S. invades Canada (Detroit frontier)
    1848 London's Waterloo Station opens
    1859 Charles Dickens' "A Tale Of Two Cities" is published
    1889 Tijuana in Mexico becomes a city
    1914 Babe Ruth debuts as a pitcher for Boston Red Sox, he beats Cleveland 4-3
    1916 Congress passes Federal Aid Road Act
    1921 Mongolia gains independence from China (National Day)
    1934 Franklin D. Roosevelt became 1st President to travel through Panama Canal
    1955 Congress authorizes all U.S. currency to say "In God We Trust"
    1961 Gene Kiniski beats Verne Gagne in Minneapolis, to become NWA Champion.
    1962 Fred Baldasare is 1st to swim English Channel underwater (scuba)
    1962 Brothers Hank and Tommie Aaron homer in same inning
    1962 1st transatlantic TV transmission via satellite (Telstar I)
    1969 David Bowie releases 'Space Oddity'
    1974 House Judiciary Committee releases evidence on Watergate inquiry
    1985 Astros' Nolan Ryan, 1st to strike out 4000 (Mets' Danny Heep)
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    I was born
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    ^ you didn't even know what 80085 was.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    is there a site for this or something?
    imageimage
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    ^Wikipedia
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    April 8th.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that Kurt Cobain was found dead at his home on my birthday in 1994.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    July 12

1543 – King Henry VIII of England marries his sixth and last wife, Catherine Parr at Hampton Court Palace.

1562, – Fray Diego de Landa, acting Bishop of Yucatan, burns the sacred books of the Maya.

1804 – Former United States Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton dies after being shot in a duel.

1812 – War of 1812: The United States invades Canada at Windsor, Ontario.
    1862 – The Medal of Honor is authorized by the United States Congress.
    1917 – The Bisbee Deportation occurs as vigilantes kidnap and deport nearly 1,300 striking miners and others from Bisbee, Arizona.

1918 – The Japanese Imperial Navy battle ship Kawachi blows up at Shunan, western Honshu, Japan, killing at least 621.

1943 – World War II: Battle of Prokhorovka – German and Soviet forces engage in largest tank engagement of all time.

1962 – The Rolling Stones perform their first ever concert, at the Marquee Club in London.

1967 – The Newark riots began in Newark, New Jersey.
    1973 – A fire destroys the entire 6th floor of the National Personnel Records Center of the United States.

1979 – Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey Park Chicago, IL
    2007 – The July 12, 2007 Baghdad airstrike took place. Two Reuters employees were killed by U.S. forces.
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    march 15, the ides of march, mutha fuckas!!!!
  • KandyrollKandyroll Posts: 90
    March 24th
    1998 – Jonesboro massacre: Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Golden, aged 11 and 13 respectively, fire upon teachers and students at Westside Middle School in Jonesboro, Arkansas; five people are killed and ten are wounded.

^fuckin brutal

thats all that was interesting
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    1944 Anne Frank's last diary entry; 3 days later she is arrested

1944 Uprising in Warsaw ghetto

not much else
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited May 2010
    October 14:

THE HAUNTED releases their late studio album, Versus. On my 18th birthday. Another reason I want 'VERSUS' tattooed on my arm. lol
    I love winning with women
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Feberuary 13th 1970 – Black Sabbath, arguably the very first heavy metal album, is released

Fuck you all
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    1960 – Black college students stage the first of the Nashville sit-ins at three lunch counters in Nashville, Tennessee.
    1971 – Vietnam War: Backed by American air and artillery support, South Vietnamese troops invade Laos.
    2000 – The last original "Peanuts" comic strip appears in newspapers one day after Charles M. Schulz dies.
    2004 – The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics announces the discovery of the universe's largest known diamond, white dwarf star BPM 37093. Astronomers named this star "Lucy" after The Beatles' song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    The greatest thing that could happen on your birthday.

2004 – A whale explodes in the town of Tainan, Taiwan. A build-up of gas in the decomposing sperm whale is suspected of causing the explosion.
    image Photobucket
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    "2004 – A whale explodes in the town of Tainan, Taiwan. A build-up of gas in the decomposing sperm whale is suspected of causing the explosion."

thats pretty cool
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    ^*begins writing death metal song*
    I love winning with women