Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Mayhem Fest Scavenger Hunt III Thread***

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    fuck myspace haha facebook all the way.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Sorry about not getting back to you guys sooner, my schedule has been even more hectic than normal lately, which is saying a lot lol. I'll talk to Freebird this weekend if I remember about adding a facebook.

Well now 3 Inches of Blood are saying they will think about it and get back to me. When I sent the swag requests out, I mentioned if the bands wanted, we would add something on the list to the effect of having people get pics by their merch booth, which would hopefully help them sell a little more merch. They responded that they liked the idea of us sending everybody their way. I responded with a few more ideas and reminded them they would have to cough up some free shit for the fans to get on the list. Now they say they are thinking about it. Kinda makes me think they just wanted me to promote them for nothing, we will have to see what happens. Last thing they want is to get an un-sponsered mention on the list lol. I'll keep everybody informed as updates come in. No further word from Winds of Plague yet, but their original response was ""Hey that's an awesome idea, I'm sure we can work something out."

Santana, we started this photo scavenger hunt the first year of mayhem. We will come up with a list of things for you to find and photograph at your Mayhem date. (Some fuck passed out on the lawn, worst sunburn, coolest hair, longest beard etc) then submit us your pics. Its pretty much just to have more fun at your show during lame bands, and a good way to talk to people at shows.

John, the winners got announced on the myspace page. Pretty sure they got posted on the old forum too. Most of the winners were myspace people, or at least people who's myspace names were different than their forum names. I may be able to look it up again when I'm not on my phone. I don't recall having a dude in a dress catagory, that may be why you didn't win lol. A few prizes are still left, mostly stickers and cardstock promo pics. Anything left from last year will just get sent out this year.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Indeed.
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    if you can get chimaira or 3 inches of blood to participate then i would be in but other than that not really any bands i'd want free shit from. unless you can get mainstage support too.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    edited May 2010
    I think you should save 1 or 2 prizes just for the loyal people of this Mayhem forum.

Of course they have to participate in the mayhem scavenger hunt to win them though.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    I sent a message to every band playing Mayhem. So far only the 2 responses. Maybe if other people either comment or send them a message asking if they are going to support the hunt it may encourage them more. Either way, with responses from 2 second stage bands I feel like we are improving from last year where we heard back from 2 jager bands, and got sponsered by one of them (thanks to Property, buy their shit!!!) The first year we didn't have shit for prizes.

Besides, the prizes are not supposed to be the point. The point is to have fun, meet some new people and maybe get to make fun of some stupid people online. I always laugh when I see the passed out fucks who waited a year for a show, just to sleep through it, or get kicked an hour after it starts. It gives a reason for a shy guy to just go up to and talk to random hotties. It gets timid people talking to the tattooed freaks. My experience is that everybody is at those shows to have a good time, but there are a ton of people who only talk to and hang out with the people they came with. It kills time during shitty bands, entertains you if you get bored, and its a way people online who may be going to different shows (us lol) to celebrate this tour together.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I've forgotten the past two years. I plan on playing this year...until I forget again.
    image Photobucket
    i plan on playing too
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    anybody have funny pix from the last two?
    Check the myspace page. I haven't browsed through the photos in a lonng time, but there should still be a bunch on there.
    Do you have a link?
    Yes I do. I even posted it up there ^
  • PalacesPalaces Posts: 25
    yea i totally forgot all about the scavenger hunt that last two years when i went. maybe this year i'll remember and participate. that's awesome that you got some responses back from 2 bands..i didn't know exactly how you worked things out as far as awarding the people w/ the best pics
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Jobe, after Mayhem, I posted all my pictures on my myspace (which i dont go on anymore). Andy looked at them and told me he saw a few candidates for the scavenger hunt. i asked him how to submit, and he responded he would take care of it. Three pictures were me in a dress, laurie's "autographs" and drunk guy carted out on a stretcher
    Now that you mention it, I remember those autographs quite clearly lol. Last year we just browsed through all the pics that people posted themselves or sent us a link to. The previous year was a lot of work to upload all the pics to our page, and neither of us really have that kind of free time, especially as more and more people get added and participate. If there is anybody out there who has some free time they could dedicate and wants to help run the scavenger hunt let me know.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I could probably help out. Especially if there is a facebook page.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I'll help run it. I can use MySpace but I'm more familiar with Facebook.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *iza bump*

That would be awesome if you buys wanted to help out.
    Guys not buys lol. This word replacement shit on my new phone is gonna drive me nuts lol. PM me and I'll get the log in info to you.