Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Best Band Ever *POWER METAL EDITION*

Comments

• JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    "alestorm is most defiantly power metal"
    Even if they are, they don't come close to any band on this list.
    Plus, Shane, I met God Dethroned at the Vader show. I talked with them for a bit, and they signed my Passiondale. Cool guys.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    awesome, i got to talk with henri for a bit too, he walked through the crowd twice and no one even noticed him. he was actually surprised i knew who he was. then i talked about passiondale for a bit with him. he's really down to earth and appreciative of his fans
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "he walked through the crowd twice and no one even noticed him. he was actually surprised i knew who he was"

That happens to me quite a bit. I've talked to all of TBDM that way, Troy from Mastodon, and Gary of Exodus as well too.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    "awesome, i got to talk with henri for a bit too, he walked through the crowd twice and no one even noticed him. he was actually surprised i knew who he was. then i talked about passiondale for a bit with him. he's really down to earth and appreciative of his fans"
    Yeah, I talked with Henri, Henke, and a little with Roel. The show was at Club Hell, which is a very small club my band plays at a lot. So I met every band, because they all walk around before or after.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Stratovarius 4
    Helloween 5
    Lost Horizon 7 +
    Symphony X 6
    Gamma Ray 6
    Rhapsody 4
    Iced Earth 6 -
    Blind Guardian 8
    Edguy/Avantasia 4
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Stratovarius 5 +
    Helloween 5
    Lost Horizon 7
    Symphony X 6
    Gamma Ray 6
    Rhapsody 4
    Iced Earth 6
    Blind Guardian 8
    Edguy/Avantasia 3 -
    imageimage
  • Deificus254Deificus254 Posts: 540 juggalo
    edited May 2010
    "Why all the Iced Earth hate?"

Because they are like metallica, they haven't had a good albums in years. More accurately since Horrow Show. I love Horrow Show though. If they make another album like that my hate for them will cease.

Stratovarius 4
    Helloween 5
    Lost Horizon 7
    Symphony X 6
    Gamma Ray 6
    Rhapsody 4
    Iced Earth 5 -
    Blind Guardian 8
    Edguy/Avantasia 5 +
    Strat I never asked, why do you think Rhapsody doesn't deserved to be on this list?
    Well, I haven't Something Wicked Part 1 or 2, but The Glorious Burden was bad.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes was great however, and everything previous was as well. Especially Burnt Offerings.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shouldn't Priest be on here?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    Stratovarius 4
    Helloween 5
    Lost Horizon 7
    Symphony X 6
    Gamma Ray 7+
    Rhapsody 3-
    Iced Earth 5
    Blind Guardian 8
    Edguy/Avantasia 5
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i still wonder why susan is no longer in the band
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    "Shouldn't Priest be on here?"

<_>
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm just asking lol. Sorry if I'm coming off as a ratard.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    "Strat I never asked, why do you think Rhapsody doesn't deserved to be on this list?"

because besides when Luca Turilli has a solo, or Staropoli (the keyboardist) becomes the main part of the melody... they're ALWAYS just constant double-base + cliche PM "Riffing"

they do have some great songs... and a couple really good albums; but if we're talking about career-wise they've never really been musically significant to the genre.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Stratovarius 4
    Helloween 5
    Lost Horizon 7
    Symphony X 6
    Gamma Ray 6-
    Rhapsody 3
    Iced Earth 6+
    Blind Guardian 8
    Edguy/Avantasia 5
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Stratovarius 4
    Helloween 4-
    Lost Horizon 7
    Symphony X 6
    Gamma Ray 6
    Rhapsody 3
    Iced Earth 7+
    Blind Guardian 8
    Edguy/Avantasia 5
  • DrSteinDrStein Posts: 388 salt miner
    Stratovarius 4
    Helloween 4
    Lost Horizon 7
    Symphony X 6
    Gamma Ray 5-
    Rhapsody 4+
    Iced Earth 7
    Blind Guardian 8
    Edguy/Avantasia 5
    ""Strat I never asked, why do you think Rhapsody doesn't deserved to be on this list?"

because besides when Luca Turilli has a solo, or Staropoli (the keyboardist) becomes the main part of the melody... they're ALWAYS just constant double-base + cliche PM "Riffing"

they do have some great songs... and a couple really good albums; but if we're talking about career-wise they've never really been musically significant to the genre."

I can see this. However, I suppose I am just a vox man. Because as long the vox are good and the music fits behind the vox I will like it. Maybe this is reason I am so big on Rhapsody. Nevertheless, I think they are about 40-60% ratio on amazing songs to same ol' pm cliche musically wise.

You should check out seventh wonder or storm warrior if you haven't already. I haven't listened to anything more than clips (cause I have other priorities I am dling, like Annihilator and Forbidden to name a few) but everything I have heard from these two bands is amazing.