Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

people who try to tell you what to listen too...

slipcunt_foreverslipcunt_forever Posts: 20
edited May 2010 in Off Topic
Don't you guys hate it when music elitists think you should like some shitty, old band just because they were important? I can't help but think that that the people who listen to gay, weak shit like Iron Maiden or Metallica just do it to look cool in front of other people who listen to music. I mean seriously, is it wrong for me to like untouchably brutal death metal like Job For A Cowboy and not like that boring Sufocation band?

Anyways, the main thing that inspired this thread is i was on this other forum i go to and posting in the death metal section about some great new bands i've been gettin into lately... Emmure, Rose Funeral, The Devil Wears prada... legit stuff. So then this like 25-year-old dude comes into my thread and starts telling me I should "expand my tastes" and listen to this band called Converge because they were "important to the genre" and have made some great music, needless to say, i listened to a couple song sasmples fromt hem on itunes and it was some gay shit! totally boring, like even worse than iron maiden almost.

of course i ripped his faggy ass a new one but this reminded me of all the annoying fans of other shitty "important" bands that these fags think are great. Anyone else had this shit happen to them?

Comments