Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

woman cited for running down Jesus Christ

2»

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    The Romans had their own deities when they supposedly crucified Jesus; (Mars, Venus, Jupiter, etc.) This was where the whole "christians to the lions comes from"...

only the peasants worshiped Jesus because the Roman religion did nothing to benefit them.

Why would the Jews kill Jesus?... a fellow Jew

Jesus was turned over to the Romans by a sect of Jews that were upset because Jesus went into their temples and proclaimed himself the son of God. The Roman emporer didn't want to crucify Jesus and gave the decision to the crowd. He said he would spare either Jesus, who was declared a heretic, or Barrabas, who was a theif. The crowd of Jewish priests decided to crucify Jesus.

The Roman Empire adopted Christianity under Emperor Constantine in the year 312.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    that was hardly the Roman Empire by then.... The Roman Empire's essence was moved to Constantinople to try to salvage what was left of the crumbling Empire
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    LOL.

You're alright wif me Strat!
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    "you better read purgatorio and paraiso too!!"
    Believe me, I will, I love spending a long time reading that sort of thing and interpreting it.
    However, I just took out "A Game of Thrones" from the library, which is apparently regarded as one of the best fantasy novels of all time.
    Who's the author?
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    lol it wasnt the Emperor it was Pontius Pilate, he was considered a very wise man. he didnt want everyone to hate him so he said "let the crowd decide his fate, i wash my hands of this man" and then Jesus got nailed to the cross by the mighty Thor.

the Roman Empire adopted Christianity under Constantine AFTER he converted to Christianity on his deathbed.

technically it wasnt the Roman religion, all the Roman religion consists of is every Greek god renamed. Neptune = Poseidon, etc.

either way, Jesus was a carpenter, and im going to end this with a great Nietzsche quote...

"There was only one true Christian, and he died on the cross"
    Julian is the HERO!
    Of the Divine Comedy?
    Dante of course.
    A Game of Thrones is by George RR Martin
    Game of Thrones......LOL I knew Dante and his works, although I haven't read any of them in years.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Ironically....Julian was the one emperor in a long line of Christian emperors after Constantine to convert back to paganism....LOL.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Back to Paganism?
    Romans had plenty of Gods.