Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Norway's Kvelertak will be touring on the East Coast in October. Dates include:

10/19 Atlanta, GA @ The Early
    10/20 Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
    10/21 Brooklyn, NY @ Europa
    10/22 New York, NY @ Rocks Off Cruise
    10/23 Philadelphia, PA @ Johnny Brenda's
    10/25 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
    10/26 Chicago, IL @ The Empty Bottle
    10/27 Grand Rapids, MI @ The Pyramid Schene
    10/28 Pittsburgh, PA @ Belvedere's
    Well it looks like my best shot is Cleveland.
    image Photobucket
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

My date is with Skeletonwitch!
    They're a little bit out of left field because they're a relatively more popular act than what MDF usually goes for. I don't think location really is a factor at all, because there are bands coming from Australia to play this show, so the fact that they're from Baltimore is negligible. It's just weird to have them on the same bill as a band like Archgoat or Brujeria.
    Only DF has done the first ever MDF and they did it in 2008.. I see your point with popularity and it wouldn't be shocking if they were a last minute fill in because MDF couldn't book some other band. I kinda felt the same way with Suffocation being on it.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well id love to see dying fetus and suffocation and throwdown in da pits so its cool wit me
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    The final 12 bands for MDF X have been confirmed:

AGALLOCH, YOB, DYING FETUS

The full list of bands for MDF X can be found here:
    http://www.marylanddeathfest.com/
    :O

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I'd love to see Brujeria again, they were friggin amazing when I saw them in 2008.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod

I can't go out to Grand Rapids on a Thursday..... :(:(:(

Hopefully the lack of a Detroit date means they're coming through on another tour. I want to see them so badly......
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2011
    American Head Charge is reuniting for a tour

Formerly disbanded metallers American Head Charge have announced that they will be hitting the road this coming October for a series of concert dates through central United States. The dates for the group's reunion tour can be found below along with a list of cites and featured venues.

10/20 Mankato, MN – Buster’s
    10/21 Kalamazoo, MI – TBA
    10/22 Crest Hill, IL – Bada Brew
    10/23 Duluth, MN – Clyde Iron Works
    10/24 Toledo, OH – Frankie’s
    10/25 Barrington, IL – Penny Road Pub
    10/26 Des Moines, IA – People’s
    10/27 Barnesville, MN – The Mainline Tavern
    10/28 Fargo, ND – The Nestor Tavern
    10/29 Burnsville, MN – Primetime

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=71440
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Fucking want.
    I love winning with women
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Fucking want.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Oh cool, a band I don't care for is stopping by close..can't be one I desperately want to see.
    image Photobucket
    Wanna switch locations on 10/21?
    10/24 is the one that's a mile from my house lol
    image Photobucket
    10/24 then.

Mondays are poppin' here in Tempe >_>
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    So it looks like each band on the upcoming BTBAM/AAL/Tesseract tour is going to get some lengthy sets. I found this snippet from an interview Metalsucks conducted with Amos Williams, Tesseract's bassist.

Outside of all this stuff, I know you guys have a US tour with Between the Buried and Me coming up.

Yeah, that’s with Between the Buried and Me and Animals as Leaders. That is going to be our biggest tour that we’ve ever done. It’s mostly House of Blues venues and Live Nation venues. It’s going to be pretty incredible. Each band has got a really long time as well. I think our set is about 40 minutes, Animals as Leaders is about an hour, and Between the Buried and Me is over an hour. It’s just going to be fun being on a tour that’s only three bands. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but most tours these days do 4, 5, 6 bands. To me, I just get disappointed with that because I end up seeing half of what I wanted to see of the bands that I’m interested in seeing.

I hope that "over an hour" for BTBAM is at least an hour and a half.

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Well if they do the same length as last tour it should be about an hour and a half. Personally I hope they drop sun of nothing add white walls and Alaska in there make it a little longer. I'm super excited for the tour
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    The only thing i"m really hoping for is that they play at least one song off of the self-titled and one off of Silent Circus.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Hmm. Mordicai please
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Awesome news!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    So it looks like each band on the upcoming BTBAM/AAL/Tesseract tour is going to get some lengthy sets. I found this snippet from an interview Metalsucks conducted with Amos Williams, Tesseract's bassist.

Outside of all this stuff, I know you guys have a US tour with Between the Buried and Me coming up.

Yeah, that’s with Between the Buried and Me and Animals as Leaders. That is going to be our biggest tour that we’ve ever done. It’s mostly House of Blues venues and Live Nation venues. It’s going to be pretty incredible. Each band has got a really long time as well. I think our set is about 40 minutes, Animals as Leaders is about an hour, and Between the Buried and Me is over an hour. It’s just going to be fun being on a tour that’s only three bands. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but most tours these days do 4, 5, 6 bands. To me, I just get disappointed with that because I end up seeing half of what I wanted to see of the bands that I’m interested in seeing.

I hope that "over an hour" for BTBAM is at least an hour and a half.

yesssss.... there's a good chance i'm goin to this
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    i desperately want an off date of that tour..
This discussion has been closed.