Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I know I'm a bit late, but I'm for sure going to the BTBAM show. It's on my birthday too :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm flying diagonally across the country to go to The Big 4 \m/
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    damn, nice!

"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    damn, nice!

Yeah.... I've seen all 4 in concert however the history of the show is just too great to pass up. They arent even my favorite bands, however I just can't pass up watching Dave perform with Lars/James again. Should be epic. I got VIP!

wow, gots some extra cash to burn do ya? lol
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    if i had extra money to burn i'd be taking a trip across the pond for paganfest
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i am seeing Megadeth at Mayhem and Belladonna solo show in 2 weeks. thats as close as i am getting to the big 4
    if i had extra money to burn i'd be taking a trip across the pond for paganfest
    You can't compare a domestic trip to an international one... I have friends that live in SD so really all the trip is costing me is 300 for airfare, and 200 for VIP plus food. pretty reasonable expense... You go international and you just added a week to your trip plus 1500 minimum. But yeah I agree there are a half dozen international concerts I'd love to go too every year because Europe gets all the good bookings. If I could see a show there for 500 dollars, I would have seen bloodbath about 3-5 times now.
    :-D
    true, but 500 bucks aint nothin to sneeze at for just a 4 band concert.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You assume they'll do another jam together... <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    nah, the only band i like on the big 4 is metallica lol.
    You assume they'll do another jam together... <_>
    If they don't, I just wasted my money. I'm like 99% sure they will... Why wouldn't they?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    If you're going just to see that, that's a shame....all four bands are great and I know for a fact three of them are solid to outstanding live.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    If you're going just to see that, that's a shame....all four bands are great and I know for a fact three of them are solid to outstanding live.
    I am not going for just that, but I've seen these 4 bands almost every time they have come to town. Since I've "been there, done that", I wouldnt fly across the country to "be there and do that" again. I know it will be a great show, and I'll enjoy all performances like I always have every-time I have seen these bands. But I've never seen Dave play with James/Lars/kirk. That makes the trip worth it. Plus I am betting all 4 bands will play a song or two together.... that will also be epic.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    well hows this for fail, The headline tour with the Red Chord (at least for my date) got changed to now have a band called Harvey Milk headline. From reading their wiki bio, its a noise rock band. If i get off work that day, i'll head to jaxx
    So a different band is headlining the Jaxx date on TRC's headlining tour?
    don't know. I got that from the Sonar site.

Ohh ok
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I saw Slayer at Mayhem 09, I'll be seeing Megadeth at Mayhem 11, and I'll be seeing Metallica on their next US tour. That's as close to the Big 4 I'll get.

I couldn't care less about Anthrax.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Wouldn't be surprised if Anthrax did Ozzfest.
    inb4lists
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    hopefully anthrax just retires so that embarrassment of a thrash band can die out
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I am not going for just that, but I've seen these 4 bands almost every time they have come to town. Since I've "been there, done that", I wouldnt fly across the country to "be there and do that" again. I know it will be a great show, and I'll enjoy all performances like I always have every-time I have seen these bands. But I've never seen Dave play with James/Lars/kirk. That makes the trip worth it. Plus I am betting all 4 bands will play a song or two together.... that will also be epic.

I just laughed a little
    imageimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    hopefully anthrax just retires so that embarrassment of a thrash band can die out
    I actually like Anthrax though.......Metallica needs to retire as well though.
    inb4lists
This discussion has been closed.