Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

SLAYER, MEGADETH To Perform Entire 'Seasons, 'Rust' Albums On 'Carnage' Tours

MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
MEGADETH and SLAYER, who last toured the U.S. together 19 years ago on the "Clash of the Titans" extravaganza, have confirmed that they will each perform, start to finish, their 1990 releases — SLAYER's world-wide, million-selling "Seasons In The Abyss" and MEGADETH's platinum "Rust In Peace" — on the upcoming Canadian and American Carnage tours. The six-date Canadian Carnage kicks off July 23 in Quebec City, while the 19-city American Carnage dates begin August 11 in Glens Falls, NY (complete itinerary is below). With SLAYER and MEGADETH co-headlining, TESTAMENT will be special guest on all dates.

The American Carnage tour, originally scheduled to take place in January and February, had to be postponed due to SLAYER vocalist/bassist Tom Araya's treatment for severe back pain, an occupational hazard for the rocker who is known for aggressively swinging his long mane of hair while performing. A surgical procedure in January corrected the problem once and for all, and he felt better almost immediately.

"Right after the surgery," said Araya, "I could tell that the issue was fixed. There's no more pain, it just feels really good. I'm really excited and I'm anxious to get together with the rest of the guys and start rehearsing again. We cancelled two tours, and I don't feel great about that, but I couldn't deal with the pain anymore, and that's now completely gone. I know the fans are excited to see the band - the tour is on, we're keeping our word, there will be no more cancellations."

Comments