Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Forum Information Thread

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    dood, dont close the fucking tours thread..are we serious? so dumb
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Just remove all of catz threads and we will have space for the megathreads
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    It's funny the music news thread got closed it doesn't even have 1000 coments
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    just leave the tours one open, its like the one thread that should stay open and its pretty much the only one closed -_-
  • TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    Guys, I just want to give this way a try. Its a pretty well established method of handling temporal content, so lets see how it works. I think it has a lot of potential. If it doesn't work, we can very easily switch back. Just try it?
    there are some who call me... tim?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It's funny the music news thread got closed it doesn't even have 1000 coments
    Yeah, I noticed that. If there's gonna be closings of threads with many posts the video games, floats my boat, grinds my gears, movies, etc threads are gonna follow suit. Which is lame
    imageimage
    Give what a try Tim? I'm on mobile so I haven't seen any new changes besides the closing of threads since last night.
    I'm only interested in doing this for on-topic threads with useful content in them. video games, floats my boat, grinds my gears, movies, etc are not going to be affected.
    edited May 2012
    Music News, Reviews, Show info, Set lists are things that should have their own threads for new stuff. If you want to review an album or a show, make a new thread for that particular show or album (or post in a thread that already exists, if one does). If you want to post a setlist for a show, same goes. I didn't close threads because they were long, i closed them because they had mixed content pertaining to lots of different things.

I want that stuff to get split out.
    So, metalsetlists.com?
    edited May 2012
    Nah, there's no requirement to do stuff, but IF you're going to post something like that, dont tack it uselessly onto the end of a billion page thread. Make it into its own thing. Its better.
    I like it for reviews quite a bit because I hate when it goes un noticed or gets buried but I'm not sure about the tours thread I liked that being all in one spot but I see where you are coming from.
    We can see how it goes, aye? Try it for a bit, then review and make tweaks. If it doesn't work in some cases, I'm cool with changing things again.
    I'll do whatever.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    id like it changed back
    imageimage
    You'll survive Bianca. I know change is hard but it will be okay
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    hopefully TIm sticks by his word and changes it back if no one likes it
    imageimage
    I'm starting to like it
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I get what Tim is trying to do but what if someone makes a Music thread and put it under the right category then we go off topic in said thread. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    That already happens anyways. I like the idea, I think posts get more easily buried within a thread than within a group of them.