Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Alice in Chains / Mastodon and Deftones fall tour

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    While the thought ran through my head, I really didn't care.
    image Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    this would be a cool tour
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    This thread says the lineup gets announced May 3rd, but the blackdiamondskye website's counter has 4 days
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    That's because the counter jumped from 10 to 5 yesterday.

April 29 looks like the announcement date now.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Less than 12 hours until the announcement.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    7 hours
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Poor maggie. PMS 24/7 has gotta suck.

Good idea JL. Tickets disappeared for their last tour almost instantly. AiC was amazing on their last tour. Haters can say its not AiC without Layne if they want, but William was great live, his sound fit right in, and the extra guitar added a lot of depth to their sound. Jerry is an amazing guitar player and he makes that shit look so easy when he plays. The dude next to me brought a sharpie and a guitar mag with Jerry on the cover, and after the show he just reached down and signed it for him and gave him a few picks. I got a pic from William. Don't miss this one JL.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    The rumors are true: this fall, ALICE IN CHAINS will be joined by special guests DEFTONES and MASTODON on BlackDiamondSkye, a monolithic triple bill that is guaranteed to be the hottest ticket of the fall touring season. The rollicking roadshow, produced by Live Nation, launches September 16 at the Charter One Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois. Tickets go on sale in select markets beginning May 15 at Blackdiamondskye.com and LiveNation.com. Fan club pre-sale begins May 10 for select dates. Check Blackdiamondskye.com for more info.

Over the course of the past week, message boards across the Internet have been buzzing about the tour following a series of mysterious videos seen below.

"Rather than launch with a traditional tour announcement, we wanted to engage the fans first," says David "Beno" Benveniste, founder of Velvet Hammer Music and Management Group, who rep ALICE IN CHAINS and DEFTONES. "We gave them a cryptic clip featuring video snippets of each band and they lit up the Internet. Now there's an entire online community talking about the tour and speculating about the bands involved. It's thrilling to see them communicate and respond so positively to this exciting tour."

"We're really looking forward to touring with our friends, DEFTONES and MASTODON," says ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist/vocalist Jerry Cantrell. "Each band has its own unique flavor and the combination of all three will make for a great show and a good time on the road."

"BlackDiamondSkye spotlights three distinctly different and influential artists and fuses their individual fanbases into a single entity," says Benveniste. "This is the poster kids will want to have on their walls, and ten years from now people will look back at this as a timeless and important tour."

BlackDiamondSkye dates are as follows (additional dates to be announced soon):

Sep. 16 - Chicago, IL - Charter One Pavilion at Northerly Island
    Sep. 17 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
    Sep. 18 - Toronto, ON - Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
    Sep. 20 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
    Sep. 22 - Boston, MA - Agannis Arena
    Sep. 24 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    Sep. 28 - Atlanta, GA - Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
    Oct. 01 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
    Oct. 04 - Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre
    Oct. 07 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
    Oct. 08 - Seattle, WA - Key Arena
    Oct. 09 - Portland, OR - Rose Quarter - Memorial Coliseum
    Oct. 16 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Mohegan sun, ill be there. do a little gamblin then catch the show..........
    Chicago here I come!!! Tickets on sale May 22 with pre-sale starting May 10.

Fucking beautiful!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Red Rocks.

Fuck. Yes.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    thankfully this tour is skipping the Carolina's
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Damn straight there better be additional dates...................................
    I love winning with women
    Just read on Metalsucks that Bill Kelleher from Mastodon was hospitalized on the 27th of this month and had to cancel last nights show. I hope he'll be over whatever ailment he has soon as i'm seeing them on the 19th of May and again on this tour.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "thankfully this tour is skipping the Carolina's"

One day, in 20 years when it's the 25th anniversary of Leviathan's release, you'll be there with all the kids saying, yeah, I remember when this came out. But you'll be lying.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Sep. 24 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden <-----so going to that
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    I would say that these cities are now going to be skipped on Ozzfest, but I can't see them skipping Chicago, Detroit, New York, and Boston, all of which are major stops. I guess we will see.

Sep. 17 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
    A Friday.....I'm going to try my hardest to make it.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Deftones will perform an hour long global webcast live from Dallas on May 4th, 2010. The band will perform live and take questions from fans who log into USTREAM.TV/DEFTONES on May 4th at 5pm PST / 8pm EST.