Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official NBA Playoffs Thread*** Lakers win 16th NBA title

MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
edited June 2010 in Off Topic
playoffs start this saturday!!! and i know we have some NBA fans here and were waiting for the playoffs. last year had bulls vs celtics as one of the best 1st rounds EVER!! what will happen this year? i looking for the Thunder to pull a upset >:3

Eastern Conference: First Round

(8)Chicago Bulls vs (1)Cleveland Cavaliers

(5)Miami Heat vs (4)Boston Celtics

(7)Charlotte Bobcats vs (2)Orlando Magic(advances to 2nd round)

(6)Milwaukee Bucks vs (3)Atlanta Hawks

Western Conference: First Round

(8)Oklahoma City Thunder vs Los (1)Angeles Lakers

(7)San Antonio Spurs vs (2)Dallas Mavericks

(6)Portland Trail Blazers vs (3)Phoenix Suns

(4)Denver Nuggets vs (5)Utah Jazz
Post edited by JLRedWing13 on

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Celtics in 6! And LA is going down to the Thunder!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    i hope Thunder can upset them. they have are really good and Durant is my man(tx longhorn :D). he just won the scoring title to make him the youngest to ever win it. he deserves MVP imo.
    eh yah i wouldnt mind seeing him get mvp over the boring reg people like lebron and kobe. they do put him on the line to much though. The nba as a whole needs to lesson the free throws in a game. I will def. be rooting for the Thunder.Durant over kobe!!
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    saturday, Bruins during the afternoon and Celtics at night. suppose to be cold and rainy. guess i will be watching sports all day
    edited April 2010
    i would like if they stop calling ticky tack falls all the time as well. isn't going to happen though, cause the NBA has to be safe with the players and such <_>
    A lot of times though it just players like lebron going to hole all crazy and the refs bailing them out every single time. Its getting worse in collge now too. I remember watching the villanova game in march madness were they almost got upset and they bailed out that scotty reynolds kid(best player of vill) everytime he went to the the hoop. When are refs gonna learn that throwing up garbage shots while leaning into a player to try and create a foul and going all out of control doesnt warrant a foul.
    rant over /
    the fucking NCAA needs to put that restricted line in the paint already. that shit is really really really starting to piss me off <_____> i cant stand when it's a clear as day charge and they call it a blocking foul. GAH I CANT FUCKING STAND IT >_< *RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES*
    ^thats true but I also hate it when these big 6'8'' guys are flopping all over the floor. Stay on your feet you pussys, charging is gay sometimes. Taking a charge should only be used in certain situations, most of time you should be doing this crazy thing called playing defense....
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    The officiating is one of the few reasons I cannot watch a lot of basketball anymore. It disgusts me. Stan Van Gundy was correct in saying that LeBron will get MVP every year he plays, because it's true. I would love nothing more than that cocky prick to never win a championship and lose the MVP to Durant, but that's wishful thinking. Anyway....

Cavs in 4
    Celtics in 5
    Magic in 5
    Hawks in 5

Lakers in 6
    Spurz in 7
    Suns in 5
    Nuggets in 7

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    The spurs vs Mavs series should be really good, they both play good playoff ball...
    Indeed. The Mavs actually have advantage in depth. But San Antonio is San Antonio....
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited April 2010
    Utah and Cleveland in the Finals.

Utah Jazz 2010 World Champs

Im fully behind San Antonio though.

my typing coming out shitty through my phone, i'll make my entire picks in detail later.

i expect this to be the best of all the times they have played. Mavs are deep and Spurs are healthy(minus Hill). this should be a very very good series :3
    NBA Champs: Utah Jazz

lol wow thats quite a statement. Utah always chokes in the playoffs...

I think we will see lebron get his first championship but i really really hope im wrong...
    Nah, karma's a bitch. Orlando is still better than them. Atlanta also has a shot. Boston sucks lol.
    like i was telling Downnola, the Nuggets have a damn team that could win a championship. they just have to stop getting so pissed and costing themselves games. Karl really needs to come back or these guys are just going to fall apart. they were doing fine against the Spurs, but then they just fell apart bad. how the hell do you get a Tfoul while someone is shooting free throws? these guys need to get it together and play for what's important. the championship, for karl, for Denver, and for themselves./rant <_>
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    "lol wow thats quite a statement. Utah always chokes in the playoffs..."

i've learned the past couple of years that the past is just that, the past.
    George Karl isn't as great a coach as people make him out to be.....Çhauncey is like a second coach. They will be fine.
    I like Utah but that is still a bold statement, we will see if they even get past the first round lol

Çhauncey is like a second coach. They will be fine.

I love how people think iverson was so awesome and now look at the billups vs iverson trade. It just shows you that billups is a better player than iverson but he will never see the hall of fame. Iverson is and always was a joke...
    AI IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!! HE'S THE ANSWER FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!