Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tiger at Masters

NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
Any other golf fans on here lol?

Tiger starts for the first time today at the Masters. He is - 1 after four holes

This from today i thought it was funny...
A plane flew around the course dragging a sign that read: “Tiger, did you mean Bootyism?”

His new nike ad with his father's voice, kinda creepy........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIYejgkqd0o

Comments

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i laughed my ass off when i saw that plane haha
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited April 2010
    yeah, so far so good. Other then Tiger, im defiantly behind David Toms of course. Tom Watson, holy shit balls the old man's having a great first day.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I usually dont really watch till the 3rd round, is it even on tv yet?

Go tom watson! remember when he choked last year. ouch....
    edited April 2010
    Tiger just eagled, i dont think this shit affected tiger much.. two strokes off the lead
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    "Tiger just eagled, i dont think this shit affected tiger much.. two strokes off the lead"

the second he teed off and got a round of applause I knew he'd be ok.
    edited April 2010
    Im glad he isnt getting shit cuz they would just talk about how it affects his game forever. if people just act normal it can go back to normal golf and the excuses and "reasons" for him playing a certain way can go out the window
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    "GO TIGER!"

This

Update Tiger is at -8 going into the last round, a couple off the lead. He is gonna have to have one hell of a round to win this tomm.
    edited April 2010
    Mickelson caught fire out of no wheres and I doubt he'll play at the pace he today again. Same for Westwood. I can defiantly see Mickelson falling apart. Woods just has to come out and play Woods golf, and he should be fine. I wouldn't count Couples and Choi out either. Weather's expected to be perfect tomorrow, so no excuses come tee off.
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    yahoo spots:

In his February public apology, Tiger Woods vowed he would show more respect to the game of golf. No more fist pumping, no more club tossing and no more profanity-laden outbursts after bad shots.

He made it about 42 holes.

During Saturday's third round of The Masters, Woods repeatedly cursed at himself loudly enough for television microphones to pick it up and air it live on CBS. The mini-temper tantrums came during a stretch on the front nine when Woods made three bogeys in four holes.

After a poorly-struck tee shot on the par-3 6th hole, Tiger closed his eyes in disgust and loudly said, "Tiger Woods, you suck." He followed that with a Commandment-breaking expletive and a shake of the head.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    if they don't want shit like this to happen, then don't fucking mic the players.

same thing happened during the Olympics when Shaun White won. him and his dad were talking and said some "bad words" and every one went ape shit about it.

its simple really. don't want it to happen? dont mic em.
    edited April 2010
    the thing that pissed me off the most is they focus all the fucking attention on Tiger. You know good an goddamn well this is going on with just about all of the guys. Your absolutely right about the mics. Nobody could hear that shit on the course. Without the the fucking mic in his grill, nobody would've even know. The guy puts his dick to work on a few broads and he can't get a break. It's ridiculous.
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    ^Well said

I don't understand how any of this shit is news. Oh and GO TIGER!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Tiger's still within striking distance. I agree about the mics, the dude needs to be given a break. He's not going to fix his tantrums in one tournament.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    I got respect for Tiger, for putting up with all of the fucking bullshit with the news media and handling it all the way he has. If it were me, I probably would have killed someone by now..lol
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    i dont get why his "tantrums" are even important.... his whole drama was about cheating; it had nothing to do with Anger Management.

And being a former competitive athlete myself.... i know for a fucking fact that there was never a single game i played where i didn't curse. Either at myself, my teammates, the ref, or the other team.

Tiger is no fucking robot... he's as big as he is because of his fire; his desire to win.
    Mickelson caught fire out of no wheres and I doubt he'll play at the pace he today again. Same for Westwood. I can defiantly see Mickelson falling apart. Woods just has to come out and play Woods golf, and he should be fine. I wouldn't count Couples and Choi out either. Weather's expected to be perfect tomorrow, so no excuses come tee off.

Yah but the odds of someone winning who is not in the finally pairing is extremely low,especially with the lead they have. I would count on either mickelson or westwood winning tomm. but obviously tiger and co. arent out of it...
    Tigers choking big time, not even on the leader board anymore. Go Freddy Couples!!!!
    edited April 2010
    Phil was brilliant today. Hell the whole tournament really. He didn't bogey one time which is just phenomenal. Couples fell apart. Tiger got off to a rocky start and it ended up biting him in the ass. Choi made a run for a while, but ended up choking. Great 4 rounds of golf to watch all in all. Gotta feel good for Mickelson though. Having a wife and a mother fighting through cancer and winning the Masters is a great story.