Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New HELLYEAH album title and details......

Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
HELLYEAH — the band featuring members of MUDVAYNE, PANTERA and NOTHINGFACE — is putting the finishing touches on its sophomore album, "Stampede", for a July 13 release via Epic Records. Once the record has been completed, the band will hit the road for a worldwide tour throughout the summer.

The follow up to HELLYEAH's 2007 self-titled debut, "Stampede" is being recorded, produced and mixed by drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott and Sterling Winfield. Vocalist Chad Gray says of the album, "I couldn't wait to write this record. I can't wait for our fans to hear it and I definitely can't wait to hit the fucking stage and play it!

"'Stampede' represents every emotion that you've ever had and everything that screams HELLYEAH! There's no smoke and mirrors with what we are. What you see is what you get. And what your get is five guys bringin' it, a head full of music, bleeding ears and most likely…. drunk!"

Abbott told Revolver TV in a recent interview that "Stampede" is "a little more Southern, a little more rock and roll" than the band's self-titled 2007 debut, adding that "it's got some very, very metal moments on it, too. It's just a wide variety of all the different kind of influences that all of us grew up on, and I'm really proud of it."

"Stampede" was recorded at Abbott's home in Arlington, Texas, where he has a studio set up. Gray gave The Pulse of Radio a quick description of the house. "Well, he lives up on this ridiculous hill," he said. "The driveway's so steep, like, I mean even when it's raining, it's dangerous. I've talked to people that go there and they're like, you just park down at the bottom and you've got to walk up. And I mean, it's a pretty big house. Big high ceilings, he's probably got 45-foot ceilings, I think, in his living room, which is why we're recording drums there, 'cause it makes for good ambience. It's got a swimming pool shaped like a Crown Royal bottle, kitchen, smoker, grill...that's the tour."

HELLYEAH will debut the first track from "Stampede" to fans on April 21.

In addition to Abbott and Gray, HELLYEAH features Gray's MUDVAYNE bandmate Greg Tribbett on guitar, Tom Maxwell (NOTHINGFACE) on guitar, and Bob "Zilla" Kakaha of DAMAGEPLAN on bass.

The group's self-titled debut has sold more than 350,000 copies since coming out in April 2007.

Comments