Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Duuude whats with little kids?

GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
I was at my friends house today, and I remember we would occasionally babysit his neighbors kids..just the short 15-20 minute type deal. Well the last time I saw the little girl, she was in first grade and yelled at me saying "I'm a diva I can do what I want."

So now I'm there, she's in FOURTH GRADE and is texting her friends on her verizon voyager. Okay, first off her phone is already better than mine...second, I didn't have a phone until I was in 8th grade. I didn't even know how to use a phone in fourth grade. Then I get home and I see she sent me a friend request on facebook. Dude I barel use the internet in fourth grade.

So how long will this carry on? Will it goe all the way to 3 year olds using cells?
image Photobucket

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I didn't get a phone till freshman year. Everyone thought I was a loser. lol
    I love winning with women
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I was one of the last few to get a phone. But all I remember from fourth grade was being a little douche and messing with my friends. The only thing I knew on a cell phone was the snake game.

I found all this out today because my friend got a trampoline. ALL the neighborhood little kids suddenly became bestfriends with his little sister. There were kids we didn't know chilling at his house like they lived there.
    image Photobucket
    Minipimp
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Hell I didn't get mine until like Sophomore year of High School.

This stuff makes me sick, lol.
    Oh I forgot to say my masterplan. I'm going to get a trampoline so all the little kids come to my house. Then I'm going to put them all in cages in my basement, demand ransom and make MILLIONS I SAY..then probably get arrested, but I'll still have my MILLIONS.
    image Photobucket
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    all i did in 4th grade was school, piano and dance class x_x and played with my dad's phone occasionally
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Kids are spoiled. In 4th grade all I did was watch wrestling, and play outside all day long. I didn't get my first cell phone until I was a senior in high school. It was an xmas present..lol
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    I saw some kid who was like 8 with an iPhone
    I remember boys still were only friends with boys, girls only friends with girls.
    image Photobucket
  • katiakatia Posts: 4,358 just the tip
    ^so true! i always kicked boys in the nuts :) til 5th grade lawl
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    edited April 2010
    Cell phones? We still used Morse code when I was in high school.

I just missed out on the beepers though.

Fuck.

:o)
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2010
    "^so true! i always kicked boys in the nuts :) til 5th grade lawl"

^*winces at thought*
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I remember this kid got kicked so hard he started bleeding.

Then last year my friend pissed blood after this chick kicking him for no valid reason.
    image Photobucket
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I really hate to see what Elementary School looks like in this day in age.

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2010
    There is talk in my towns city council that would give 6th graders IPods for "educational purposes" Its completely absurd.

SOMERSWORTH — At least one School Board members thinks there's a kink in a technology grant that was recently awarded to the School District.

Earlier this month, the district was awarded $145,000 in federal stimulus funds to pay for a technology program at Somersworth Middle School. The money was part of $3.2 million distributed to 22 school districts in the state as part of the federal "Enhancing Education Through Technology" program. At the Middle School, the money will pay for netbooks for teachers and iPod Touch devices for sixth-graders, among other gadgets.

During a School Board meeting Tuesday, board member Peter Houde expressed concern about introducing the iPod devices, which are used to store music and play video games, among other uses.

"I can't see why sixth-graders need iPods in classrooms," he said.

Superintendent Karen Soule said the devices are important to district's mission of making students more "technology literate."

The iPod Touch, which is manufactured by Apple and ranges in price from $199 to $399 per unit, is touted as a music player, pocket computer with wireless Internet capability, and game player, according to the company's web site. The site also touts its educational uses, from storing virtual flash cards, to recording information in the science lab, to monitoring current events.

"The iPod Touch has a huge amount of potential in the classroom to revolutionize the way students learn and teachers teach," the web site declares.

She said the new hardware is sorely needed, as currently there are about 50 laptops and netbooks being shared among 400 students at the middle school.

"The overall goal is for (teachers) to increase (students') access to technology on a regular basis," she said at the time. "It's essential — it's how the world is being presented to them every day."

She added the equipment will be made available to students attending Somersworth Youth Connection's afterschool and summer program. Parents and students will also be invited to several "Technology Fun Nights," co-sponsored by the connection program.

On Tuesday, School Board member Ken Bolduc, who admitted he was illiterate in technology matters, said it would be helpful if the board received a presentation about how the iPods will be implemented.

"It would be interesting if we had an idea of what was going on," Bolduc said.

School Board Chairman Jerry Perkins said he spoke with members of the community who were also concerned about the iPods, but he stressed students will be required to use them "properly".
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    shit, i didn't get my first cell phone till prob 10th or 11th grade (this was back in 2001) couldn't text, couldn't instant message, facebook wasn't around. ah good times
    ^And green backlit screens lol
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Ahh, things were so simple back in the day. Kids used to not have a care in the world.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    i didnt get one til i started HS
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket