Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What would you do?

Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
I got an odd email this week from my ex-wife that I haven't spoken to in over 15 years. I'll share, less her last name, in hopes everyone else has an opinion.

"Hi. You won't believe it, this is Michele XXXXXXXX, your x-wife. I disguised my name, I have an overly jealous husband and I have to be careful."

This was sent to me as a friend request on mySpace. I haven't responded as I've been married to my wife for over 13 years and would never do anything to disrespect her. My wife is aware of the request but hasn't really said anything.

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I would stay away, what good can come from it?
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    block her ass. not worth messing up what you got now
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Just got this message as well........

"Well, I suppose I'm the last person you thought you'd hear from.
    You resemble Jason a lot. How is he and Spencer? How is your Mom?
    So, what's going on?
    I'm married, 3rd one. Adrianne is 24 now with 2 kids, Josie and Landon. We adopted Josie, she was getting into too much trouble.
    I also have 2 step kids 18 and 21.
    I just got a new job, starting Monday as Admin. Asst. to the VP.
    I don't really do this My Space and Facebook stuff. I did just last night get on Facebook, my best friend and my husband do it. I searched for you there and when I didn't see you, I searched on My Space and here you are.
    I guess my 1st message got through. Even though my husband does Facebook and talks to both females and males, he is ridiculously jealous. If that is uncomfortable for you, I understand and we don't have to talk.
    I figure what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Plus, it's just talking and catching up."

This is how she tells me that my daughter is unmarried and has two kids that I never even knew about. Marriage number 3? She makes me so friggin' angry. I guess I've been a grandpa for a few years and was never told. What a bitch!!!
    in that case, get in touch with your daughter, but still kick the ex to the curb. she sounds like bad news
    John, she has done so many rotten things to me that I absolutely feel sick when i think about her communicating with me. She has kept me from my daughter for the last 14 years. I think I should have been told the minute I became a grandfather, not years later. The ex has NO chance of ever getting back into my world. Untrustworthy cunt!!
    this goes to show you that women are evil. what i have a hard time understanding is why now? did it just pop in her head to suddenly screw with you?
    That's my whole dilema. Why now? Does she think I want a rematch or something? I don't get it at all..........
    she seems like she is trying to start something. blow her off. i know you have a daughter and grandchildren involved, but they have had 14 years to get brainwashed into thinking bad things about you. You have another grandchild on the way. focus on your current family
    Oh, that's a given, John. I have and will continue to ignore her. My wife and family treat me like gold so why would I ever screw that up? The ex always treated me like I was second class, what with her boyfriends and extra-marital bullshit. Yes, they have brainwashed my little girl into thinking that I'm horrible. The last time I spoke to my daughter she was 13 and I asked her what she'd like for Christmas that year and she responded that she didn't want anything from me ever. That was the last time I spoke to either of them and now i'm supposed to just be an idiot and fall back in line cuz she decided to contact me? Fuck her. She's the loser in this game, not me. I've always been told that the best revenge I could ever have on her is to live better than her and I think that's been accomplished ten-fold.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Ouch dude, sorry to read this.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    It's all good , Jaycup. The ex is a certifiable lunatic. I'm sure she has some type of agenda but I'm not going to allow her poison back into my world. Sux that I'll miss out on the daughter and her kids but they all made that choice for me years ago. Their loss, not mine.
  • n0r3macn0r3mac Posts: 635 salt miner
    Drop her!
    I wouldnt even think twice about replying to that
    She's been dropped since 1993. She wants something but I don't know what.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Wow. I would say most certainly don't respond to your ex. Only contact your daughter if you want her back in your life and you don't think she'll mess up your current life, though from what I've read above, it sounds as if she would mess things up.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    sounds like one brutal bitch, keep your distance
    I'm really interested in another females point of view. Why, do you think, is she all of a sudden trying to contact me? Is it some sort of female game that I'm just not aware of?
    Shane, she was a fucking nightmare. We were married 3 years and she left and came back 6 times in those three years. When she left for the seventh time I changed the locks, phone numbers, etc. and filed for divorce. Haven't looked back since.

I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy. Worse than the plague.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Personally, I'm the wrong female to ask. I sever contact with my exs and refuse to talk to them almost completely. I don't play games because that's just wrong.

I just think some women are curious how much damage they can do and they're nosy and want to push things to the breaking point and they just want a good story to tell.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    I'm the same way. Cut 'em out like a cancer. Walk away. NEVER, EVER look back.