Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bogus rap concert has police hunting Indiana man

Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
edited March 2010 in Off Topic
Bloomington - Police are looking for an Indiana man suspected of promoting a bogus rap concert at a local union hall, collecting money from people and then fleeing the venue with the cash.

Concertgoers started ransacking the IUE-CWA Union Hall, 313 S. Jefferson St., when they realized there was not going to be a concert about 1 a.m., Sunday, March 28, police said.

The hall was rented to Anthony Brown, of Bloomington, Ind., who promoted a “huge entertainment event in which several (rap) celebrities” were going to perform, police said. Brown hired his own security and people to take money at the front door, police said.

Brown collected money from VIPs, as well as entrance money for the bogus concert before taking off, according to a police report. Officers were called to the union hall about 1:15 a.m. and found people damaging the union’s property, the report stated.

Vending machines, televisions, a water fountain and a copy machine were damaged, police said. Union officials said surveillance equipment was installed days before the concert and should have captured nearly all the events that night.

Police are expecting to view that footage today

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Comments