Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Recent items you've BOUGHT!!!!

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    >30 more dollars 

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    120hz means almost next to nothing. I'm not going to tell you not to buy it specifically because of that because my tv is also 120hz. It just doesn't really mean anything. Movies and run at 60hz regardless. You're not going to notice a substantial difference. 
    image Photobucket
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Champ said:
    >30 more dollars 

Actually about 80-100 more than other TVs I'm looking at with 60hz

I didn't know that movies and games run at 60hz anyways, thanks for the heads up. The full-array LED Vizios do seem to have better color than the other TVs I'm looking at though. Idk if I care enough
    I don't know a lot about tvs but I do remember reading that. There's just so much variety and different brands do different things better than others, you could spend days researching. I stuck with Samsung because I'm a fan boy and all my shit is Samsung but my roommate has a 40" Vizio and yeah it also looks great. I don't know if those are smart tvs prices but mine is basically a dinosaur compared to his and they're only two years apart lol like mine doesn't have the power to run the newer netflix interface apparently there's a good time delay running closing one app and opening another. His can just pop in and out of any app from one to the other with no problem. He paid $550 only for it to go on clearance a couple months later 
    image Photobucket
    Yeah that number is basically just the grams per second the tv can do right? 
    edited April 2016
    Well hold the phone. I just remembered when I was buying my tv I was comparing 120 vs 240. Maybe you should keep your eyes on 120. 
    image Photobucket
    Yeah idgaf about smart TVs since I run everything through my one anyways
    Well hold the phone. I just remembered when I was buying my tv I was comparing 120 vs 240. Maybe you should keep your eyes on 120. 
    I just googled the situation apparently none of the consoles output anything above 60hz, and the higher refresh rates can increase video lag
    edited April 2016
    Edit: I'm just flip flopping and making no fucking sense 
    image Photobucket
    But yeah when I bought mine, I was seeing some tvs with 240 and online they compared it to screen resolution getting up to 8k+, there's only so much your eyes can possibly detect.
    image Photobucket
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Ie. Todd irl 
    inb4lists
    Did you just say le

jesus tittyfucking christ
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    ... said:
    Ie. Todd irl 
    Wtf are you talking about douche bag? 
    Xenocide said:
    Did you just say le

jesus tittyfucking christ
    I.e

Forgot the . 

inb4lists

LOOT said:
    ... said:
    Ie. Todd irl 
    You flip flop like a motherfucker
    inb4lists
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'd go with a 120hz at minimum. The faster the refresh rate the better. It'll just make the picture flow better. Example: say you're watching an action movie with a crazy car chase and explosions happening on a lower refresh rate tv (60hz) you might notice it kinda jaggyness/stuttering effect happening with all this crazy shit happening on the screen at once. A higher refresh rate will help the picture just look more fluid and smooth.

Some people say a 240hz tv is overkill when it comes to that but at 120hz you should be all set.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    edited April 2016
    EH idk about that. 

A lot of blu rays aren't even shot at 60 FPS, they are shot at 24 fps. All the 120 hz does is fill in the gap with generated images based on whats on the screen. 

the issue that comes into play with 60hz is that it is unable to properly broadcast at 24fps. So when your watching football and fast moving stuff you run into the jaggyness. 

if you're just using it for gaming 60hz would be fine. But if you're planning on watching netflix or tv you should go with 120. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    ... said:

LOOT said:
    ... said:
    Ie. Todd irl 
    You flip flop like a motherfucker
    LOOT said:
    ... said:
    Ie. Todd irl 

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Xenocide said:
    Not an item ive bpught but id figure id post here, I'm looking to get a new TV next month. I was initially going to get a 1080p 40" in the $200-300 range but I found a 40" Vizio at target for $330 that has a 120hz refresh rate and better color than I was seeing on anything else. Idk what you guys have but I'm definitely thinking of dropping the extra cash for the better picture.
    Spend the extra cash and go 120hz. You wont see a crazy difference unless you are trying to watch 3D movies cause then you will need a 240hz. You might see some blur left behind from games and movies when there is a lot of things going on at once but just use the blur motion setting and it should be good. Vizio's are some of the best tv's. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Galaxy S7 
    Deftones-Gore